Home Health Care
The Clay County Health Department currently serves the 6 county areas of Clay, Effingham, Wayne, Marion, Richland, and Jasper. Our highly trained staff of professionals offer expert, quality care that each patient has come to expect. The continued rate of growth indicates satisfaction of both the residents we care for and the physicians we serve.
- The Home Health Care Program provides Skilled Nursing, Medical Social Services, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Certified Nurse Aid Services. These services are provided in the home of patients who are primarily confined to their home under physician’s care, but who are not in need of the level of care provided in a hospital or a nursing home. This cost-effective service allows the patient to receive his/her individualized care at home while recovering in familiar surroundings.
- With no age or income guidelines, our home health program is intended for those primarily confined to their home and under a physician’s care.
- We provide coverage seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
- Medicare, Medicaid, or Insurance often covers the costs for services. For the patients who are not covered by these insurance programs, their bill, if they wish is adjusted to the client’s ability to pay. Services are available regardless of the ability to pay.
- Skilled Nursing Services: Catheter Care, Injections, Vital Signs, Laboratory Services, Diabetic Teaching, Colostomy Care, Dressing Changes, Intravenous Therapy, General Assessments, and much more.
- Home Health Aide Services: Personal Care, Skin & Nail Care, Shampoo, Bathing, and Body Mechanics.
- Physical Therapy Services: Gait Therapy, Ultra Sound, Muscle Strengthening Exercises, Restorative Care, and Whirlpool.
- Speech Therapy Services: Administer Audiological Evaluations, Diagnostic Tests, and Conduct Treatment Sessions
- Occupational Therapy Services: Small Muscle Rehabilitation and Increased Independence with activities of daily living
- Medical Social Services: Community Resource Referral and Financial Planning – SSI, Food Stamps, Medication & Medicare, Observe, record and report social and emotional changes related to the patient’s health problems.