Funded by the Center for Disease Control and the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Lead Poisoning Prevention Program provides outreach for the identification and screening of high risk children in targeted areas of the state.
Lead Testing Eligibility:
Children 6 months to 6 years with an Illinois Department of Public Health medical card or proof of income at or below 185% of poverty.
Lead Testing Hours:
Contact the Health Department for more information.
- Get the Lead Out – Prevention
- Get the Lead Out – Renovation
- About Lead Paint – Abatement in the Home
- Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home / EPA
- Lead Poisoning: A Renters Guide
- Prevention With Nutrition
- Personal Hygiene and Housekeeping Tips to Prevent Lead Poisoning